Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, June 19, 2015

Maternity Clothes

They say the clothes make the man, or in this case woman...

I've struggled with clothes since my boobs came in when I was about 16.  Being overweight makes it worse of course.  So I was not at all looking forward to shopping for maternity clothes but it became a necessity.

I'm of average height (5'7"), weigh in at around 230, I'm short waisted, have an hourglass figure (with a few too many hours in it), am THICK in the thighs and calves (like really) and have huge boobs.

Pros of maternity clothes

  • Stretchy waist don't hurt my oh so tender expanding middle
  • You look MORE pregnant in maternity clothes, as opposed to just fat (more on this later)


Cons of maternity clothes

  • Not made with the short waisted in mind, many of the stretchy parts of the pants come all the way up to my bra
  • A lot of the pants have no pockets
  • Many of the pants have a pleated look to them, not flattering
  • The length of the pants seems to be oddly long
  • The shirts tend toward empire waist but my boobs don't fit in most empire waist styles


So here are 3 pictures of me, all within 12 hours so no change in baby bump size, these demonstrate how different clothes make you look either pregnant or fat.

First of all the empire waist shirt makes you look very pregnant




















Then I went home and put on my PJ's and just looked fat again




















Today I put on tighter fitted maternity tank




















No comments:

Post a Comment